欢迎大家来到IT世界,在知识的湖畔探索吧!
欢迎大家来到IT世界,在知识的湖畔探索吧!
Hello, hey, and how you doing, sunshine?
阳光少年们,你们好!
Welcome to CNN 10, your 10 minutes of news where we give you the fundamentals and bring some fun for the mentals.
欢迎收看CNN10,我们将用十分钟为你带来新闻要点,同时为心灵带来一些乐趣。
I’m Coy Wire.
我是科伊·怀尔。
It’s August 6th, and it’s Your Word Wednesday.
今天是8月6日,是你的星期三词汇日。
So listen to see if the vocabulary word you submitted helped us write today’s show.
请留意你提交的词汇有没有被我们今天的节目选中。
We begin in California, where a new fire, the Gifford Fire, is rapidly growing.
我们的报道从从加利福尼亚开始,在那里新爆发了一场吉福德大火,正在迅速蔓延中。
It’s already consumed more than 72,000 acres, including parts of Los Padres National Park.
着火面积已超过7.2万英亩,其中包括洛斯帕德雷斯国家公园的部分区域。
That makes it the state’s largest fire this year, and currently just a small percentage is contained.
这使其成为加州今年最大的火灾,目前仅有很小一部分火势得到控制。
So far, three people have been injured, and evacuation orders are in effect for two counties.
到目前为止,已有三人受伤,有两个县发布了疏散令。
Nearly 2,000 firefighters are battling the blaze as they try to save more than 870 structures currently threatened by the fire.
近2000名消防员正在与大伙搏斗,试图保护870多座建筑物,免受大火侵袭。
The smoke has reached as far as Las Vegas, I’m understanding, but they’re not the only ones dealing with bad air quality.
烟雾甚至飘到了拉斯维加斯,而且空气质量不佳的地区还不止这里。
For more of the what, the why, and what’s next, let’s track down our meteorologist Derek Van Damp.
为了解更多详情、原因和后续发展,让我们有请气象学家德里克·范·丹普。
Good to see you, Derek. Coy Wire, my man.
很高兴见到你,德里克。科伊·怀尔,我的老兄。
Let’s start in California, this Gifford fire.
我们先从加州的这场吉福德大火说起。
Give us some perspective how big it is.
给我们介绍一下它的规模有多大。
OK, so you’re a football guy, clearly, right?
好的,你是橄榄球手出身,对吧?
So I’ll put it into a football perspective for you.
那我就用橄榄球来打个比方。
There was a period there where the fire, the Gifford Fire, was actually expanding at a rate of a football field every two seconds.
在某个时段,吉福德大火以每两秒烧掉一个橄榄球场的速度蔓延。
So yeah, every two seconds.
没错,每两秒钟。
So it was explosive growth over the course of the weekend.
所以火势在上周末呈现爆发式扩散。
You can see it right here with the satellite as well.
从卫星图像上也能清楚看到。
So we’re looking down from space.
我们现在是从太空往下看。
There’s the Gifford Fire.
这就是吉福德大火。
And it’s all because of the drought that’s ongoing across Southern California, increased temperatures.
这都源于南加州持续的干旱,气温升高。
We’ve got low relative humidities, a lot of science terms I’m throwing at you, but this is important because these are all the factors that go into play with this type of a wildfire activity.
相对湿度低,我说了不少科学术语,但这很关键,因为这些因素都与这类野火活动密切相关。
It’s also contributing to really unhealthy air across Southern California.
这也导致南加州空气质量非常糟糕。
So if you’re in SoCal right now, it’s almost suffocating outside, a thick, hazy smoke over the skies.
所以如果你现在在加州南部,外面几乎让人窒息,天空被浓重的烟雾笼罩。
And guess what?
猜猜怎么着?
Coy, this is crazy.
科伊,这太疯狂了。
400 miles away in Las Vegas, they’re actually breathing in some of the smoke from the Gifford Fire,
400英里外的拉斯维加斯,人们实际上也在吸入来自吉福德大火的烟雾,
which is 400 miles to the west.
而火场在其西面400英里处。
Yes, an unhealthy air quality even in Vegas.
是的,就连拉斯维加斯的空气质量也不健康。
Now I understand there are wildfires in Canada affecting U.S. cities as well.
据我所知,加拿大的野火也影响了美国城市。
This is crazy, Coy.
这太疯狂了,科伊。
So talk about fires and people being displaced from fires several thousand miles away.
想想看,几千英里外的火灾都能让人流离失所。
This is New York City and this area has been suffocated by wildfire smoke as well.
这是纽约市,这一地区也被野火烟雾所笼罩。
That thick, hazy sky overhead.
天空是厚厚的雾霾。
Buffalo, New York, you used to play for the Bills.
纽约州布法罗市,你曾为比尔队效力。
You know, right?
记得吗?
Have you ever experienced the thick, hazy skies in some of your training?
你在训练时经历过这种雾霾天气吗?
I don’t remember this.
我不记得有这回事。
Okay, so I don’t know how long ago you played for them, but this is really a relatively new phenomenon.
好吧,我不知道你为他们效力是多久以前的事,但这确实是相对较新的现象。
We call it the summer of smoke, and they’re experiencing it across New England, the Great Lakes, and it’s all because of the wildfires that are burning out of control across northern Canada.
我们称之为“烟雾之夏”,新英格兰地区、五大湖区都在经历,而这一切都源于加拿大北部失控的野火。
So Alberta, Saskatchewan, you can see there’s nearly 200 out of control wildfires contributing to the bad air quality that we’re all breathing in across the Northeast and some of these major East Coast cities.
阿尔伯塔省、萨斯喀彻温省,近200处失控的野火导致东北部地区和这些东海岸大城市的空气质量恶化。
Best quick tip for our viewers very quickly of if they’re in or near these cities, how to check for the air quality.
给身处或靠近这些城市的观众一个快速小建议,如何检查空气质量。
Yeah, well, you could check online.
是的,你可以上网查。
Otherwise, you can just hit that recirculate button on your air conditioner inside of your car because that’ll help keep you breathing in cleaner air as well.
或者,你可以按下车内空调的“内循环”按钮,这也能帮助你呼吸到更清洁的空气。
All right.
好的。
Speaking of cities, any shoutouts you want to give to your former school?
说到城市,你有什么想对自己的母校说吗?
Oh my goodness.
哦,天哪。
Okay, my high school.
好吧,我的高中。
Rockford High School, go Rams, and fire up chips, Central Michigan University, can’t forget about you.
罗克福德高中,加油公羊队。中密歇根大学栗子队,火力全开,绝不会忘记你们。
Let’s go.
加油。
We’ll have more shoutouts at the end of the show, but first, Pop Quiz Hot Shot.
节目最后还有更多致敬,但首先,十秒冷知识。
Japan is composed of approximately how many islands?
日本由大约多少个岛屿组成?
50, 700, 5,000, or 14,000.
50个、700个、5000个还是14000个?
Japan is composed of 14,125 islands.
日本由14125个岛屿组成。
In 2023, the nation discovered 7,000 of them through new digital mapping.
2023年,该国通过新的数字测绘技术发现了其中7000个岛屿。
That meant counting all naturally occurring land areas with a circumference of at least 330 feet.
这意味着所有自然形成、周长至少 330 英尺的陆地都被计算在内。
Today marks a somber milestone for a moment that changed the world forever.
今天是一个令人警醒的里程碑,一个永远改变世界的日子。
Exactly 80 years ago today, August 6th, 1945, an atomic bomb was used for the first time in warfare.
整整80年前的今天,1945年8月6日,原子弹首次被用于战争。
The U.S. dropped an atomic bomb on the port city of Hiroshima, Japan.
美国向日本港口城市广岛投下一枚原子弹。
70,000 people were instantly killed.
7万人当场丧生。
The world will note that the first atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima.
世界将记住第一颗原子弹投在了广岛。
Just days later, a second atomic bomb was dropped on the city of Nagasaki, killing an additional 40,000 plus.
几天后,第二颗原子弹落在长崎市,造成4万多人死亡。
The bombings led Japan to unconditionally surrender, officially ending World War II.
原子弹爆炸促使日本无条件投降,正式结束了第二次世界大战。
But they also ushered in the Cold War, another devastating chapter in world history.
但也引发了冷战,世界历史又一个灾难性篇章。
To this day, it remains the only time a country has ever used an atomic bomb in war.
迄今为止,这是唯一一次有国家在战争中使用原子弹。
Overall estimates put the death toll in Hiroshima alone at more than 200,000 people, including deaths from radiation poisoning or long-term effects like cancer.
广岛的总死亡人数估计超过20万,包括辐射中毒或癌症等长期影响导致的死亡。
Today, Hiroshima Memorial Peace Park stands atop the bustling commercial district, serving as a tribute to the victims and a stark reminder of the most destructive force ever created by mankind.
如今,广岛和平纪念公园矗立在繁华商业区之上,既是遇难者的纪念碑,也是人类所创最具毁灭性力量的警示碑。
Next up, a story that sounds like a straight-out-of-a-spy thriller, part of a new CNN investigation.
接下来看一则堪比谍战剧的真实事件,来自CNN的最新调查。
LinkedIn, the popular job site that has more than a billion users worldwide, features covert operatives, fake identities, and even face-masking technology.
全球用户超10亿的热门招聘网站领英上,潜伏着特工、虚假身份,甚至还有换脸技术。
It serves as a good reminder that not everything we see online is always what it seems.
这提醒我们:网络所见未必真实。
My contract ended last week, so I’m currently looking for a new opportunity.
我的合同上周到期,因此我正在寻找新机会。
Hundreds of North Korean operatives have been using fake identities to seek remote IT jobs at American companies in a state-sponsored effort to make money for the North Korean regime and fund its military programs.
数百名朝鲜特工利用虚假身份,试图在美国公司谋求远程IT职位,这是一项由国家支持的行动,为朝鲜政权牟利,资助其军事项目。
I try to listen to everyone’s idea and provide assistance when needed.
我尝试倾听每个人的想法,及时提供协助。
The DOJ has said that over the past couple of years, the North Koreans have quietly made their way into Fortune 500 companies, potentially putting U.S. national security at risk.
美国司法部称,过去几年间,朝鲜人员已悄然进入《财富》500强企业,危及美国国家安全。
It’s now gotten to the point where some experts say that it’s hard to find a major company that the North Koreans have not targeted.
情况已经发展到甚至有一些专家说,几乎找不到一家没有朝鲜人针对的大公司。
CNN spoke with leading experts from cybersecurity firms and reviewed dozens of open-source data sets from North Korean computers to understand how the North Korean IT workers operate.
CNN 采访了网络安全公司的顶尖专家,并审查了数十份来自朝鲜电脑的公开数据集,以了解朝鲜 IT工作者如何运作。
Now, let’s take a look at some of these LinkedIn profiles.
来看看这些领英档案。
This is Joe Paul.
这是乔·保罗。
He’s a suspected North Korean IT worker, and looking at his profile, right away there are a couple of things that immediately set us off.
疑似朝鲜IT工作人员,从他的个人资料来看,立刻就有几点引起了我们的注意。
The generic Western name, the cheesy cover photo, previous work experience at Walmart or at the National University of Singapore.
通用的西方名字、俗气的封面照片,之前的工作经历是在沃尔玛或新加坡国立大学。
These are all common experiences that the North Koreans claim to have had.
这些都是朝鲜人员一贯使用的工作经历。
When we ran this profile photo through AI detection software, it quickly came up as AI-generated.
当我们用 AI 检测软件运行这张头像照片时,很快显示它是 AI 生成的。
In some cases, the whole photo isn’t AI-generated, but the face has been swapped for a new one.
在某些情况下,整张照片并非 AI 生成,但脸部被换成了新的。
The original looks like this.
原始照片是这样的。
And here’s the edited version, with a new face superimposed on it.
而这是编辑后的版本,一张新脸被叠加在上面。
Experts have matched this exact profile to datasets that they believe originate from the computers of North Korean operatives.
专家已经将这份个人资料与他们认为源自朝鲜特工电脑的数据集进行了匹配。
These datasets include everything from their online search histories to the applications that they’ve downloaded, giving us rare insight into how the North Koreans pull off this scheme.
这些数据集包括从他们在线搜索历史到下载应用程序的所有内容,让我们难得地了解了朝鲜人如何实施这一骗局。
By the way, there are a couple of hints that Elias might not be the Spanish developer that he claims to be.
顺便说一句,伊莱亚斯可能并不是他所自称的西班牙开发者,这里有几个线索。
And we also see him downloading remote working software that allows the North Koreans to remotely access their work computers, which are hosted by facilitators in the US.
我们还看到他下载了远程工作软件,使朝鲜人能够远程访问他们的工作电脑,而这些电脑是由美国中介托管的。
Next, we see him looking up dozens of job postings, and his calendar appears to be packed with job interview invites from companies all around the world.
接下来,我们看到他查找了几十个职位发布,他的日历似乎被来自世界各地公司的面试邀请排满了。
He’s also looked up and used AI Face Swap on multiple occasions, which explains the profile photo that we saw earlier.
他还多次查找并使用 AI 换脸,这就解释了我们之前看到的头像照片。
And finally, there’s Google Translate searches that show him translating email correspondence and job tasks from English to Korean.
最后,还有谷歌翻译的搜索记录,显示他将电子邮件和工作任务从英文翻译成韩文。
Good morning, everyone.
各位早上好。
Last week, I’ve worked on some factoring tasks.
上周我处理了一些财务核算工作。
When you line up all of the digital breadcrumbs, the AI Face Swap, the remote access software, the English-Korean translations, researchers say that the pattern is clear.
当你把所有数字线索,AI换脸、远程访问软件、英文到韩文翻译,都排列起来时,研究人员表示,模式已经很明显。
The man claiming to be Elias Alma Kurthiho Manns is likely to actually be a North Korean IT worker.
这位自称是伊莱亚斯·阿尔玛·库尔蒂霍·曼斯的男子,实际很可能是一名朝鲜IT工作者。
Time to pause and celebrate a birthday for a beloved giant panda.
接下来我们要为可爱的大熊猫庆祝生日。
Bao Lee at Washington-Smithsonian National Zoo turned four on Monday.
华盛顿史密森尼国家动物园的“宝力”在周一满四周岁。
Staff surprised him with a cake made of frozen fruit, and visitors, in person and online, watched him chow down.
工作人员用冷冻水果做成蛋糕给他惊喜,现场和在线的游客,都看着他大口吃蛋糕。
Bao Lee’s been bamboozling us with his adorable antics since he was a tiny cub, but he’s growing up so fast it’s unbearable.
“宝力”从幼崽时期就用它那些憨态可掬的行为逗乐我们,但它的快速成长让人难以想象。
The celebration is part of the zoo’s ongoing efforts to raise funds for panda conservation.
庆祝活动是动物园正在开展的为熊猫保护筹集资金项目的一部分。
Today’s story, getting a 10 out of 10, a man’s best friend hanging 10 over the weekend.
今天的满分故事,来自人类最好的朋友在上周末完成了“十指冲浪”。
World Dog Surfing Championships, Pacifica State Beach, California.
加州太平洋州立海滩举办了世界犬类冲浪锦标赛。
You’ve heard of Swag and Surf.
你听说过酷潮冲浪。
How about Wag and Surf?
那酷狗冲浪呢?
Canine contestants competing for the Golden Surfy Award, judged by how long they can stay on the board, whether they do some doggone tricks, and overall enthusiasm.
犬类选手们角逐“冲浪金奖”,评分标准包括它们在板上坚持多久,是否展示一些“犬类技巧”以及整体热情度。
I grab the surfboard, she starts crying like she wants to go.
我一拿起冲浪板,它就开始叫,好像它想跟着去。
So ever since then, it’s just been like, alright, you’re the surfer in the family.
从那时起,它就成了家里的冲浪手。
Congrats to the top dog Kakao, a chocolate lab whose galvanic performance was deemed the tail wagon winner across seven different categories.
恭喜冠军犬卡考,这只巧克力色拉布拉多凭借令人振奋的表现,横扫七大奖项,成为当之无愧的尾浪王者!
Alright superstars, did you catch today’s Your Word Wednesday? Congrats to Mr. Taylor at Autism Solutions Academy for galvanic, an adjective, meaning having an electric effect, intensely exciting, a totally galvanic word.
好了,超级明星们,看到今天“你的星期三词汇日”是哪个单词了吗?恭喜自闭症解决方案学院的泰勒先生贡献的单词galvanic,这是一个形容词,意思是具有电击般的效果、极度令人兴奋,一个完全令人振奋的单词。
Well done, sir.
干得漂亮,先生。
Our shoutouts today are going to East Chicago Urban Enterprise Academy.
今天的致敬献给东芝加哥城市企业学院。
Thank you for all of the heartfelt letters, the drawings, and origami?
感谢你们所有真挚的来信、图画,还有折纸?
Are you kidding me?
开玩笑的吗?
Your origami got me right in the heartstrings.
你们折的纸艺作品,真是戳中我心坎了。
It’s incredible.
太棒了。
And from our YouTube channel comment section, Mrs. Myers at Warren Central High School in Indianapolis, Indiana, rise up.
还有来自我们YouTube频道评论区,向印第安纳州波利斯沃伦中央高中的迈尔斯老师所在班级致敬,加油。
Thank you for making us part of your day.
感谢你们收看我们今天的节目。
Let’s go out and make this an awesome day.
让我们走出家门,让今天变得精彩。
We’ll do it again tomorrow.
我们明天再见。
I’m Coy Wire and we are CNN 10.
我是科伊·怀尔,这里是CNN10。
免责声明:本站所有文章内容,图片,视频等均是来源于用户投稿和互联网及文摘转载整编而成,不代表本站观点,不承担相关法律责任。其著作权各归其原作者或其出版社所有。如发现本站有涉嫌抄袭侵权/违法违规的内容,侵犯到您的权益,请在线联系站长,一经查实,本站将立刻删除。 本文来自网络,若有侵权,请联系删除,如若转载,请注明出处:https://itzsg.com/140098.html